- Administrators of SAP Cloud Appliance Library
- System Administrators
This document is not included as part of the Administration Guides, User Guides or Technical Operation Manuals. Such guides are only relevant for a certain phase of the software life cycle, whereby the security considerations provide information that is relevant for all life cycle phases.
The increasing use of distributed systems and the Internet for managing business data places increasing demands on security. When using a distributed system, you need to be sure that your data and processes support your business needs without allowing unauthorized access to critical information. User errors, negligence, or attempted manipulation on your system must not result in loss of information or processing time. These demands on security apply likewise to SAP Cloud Appliance Library. To assist you in securing SAP Cloud Appliance Library, we provide this security guide.
The security considerations provide an overview of the security-relevant information that applies to SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
The security considerations comprise the following main sections:
- Before You Start - this section contains information about why security is necessary, how to use this document, and references to other security guides that build the foundation for these security considerations.
- Technical System Landscape - this section provides an overview of the technical components and communication paths that are used by SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
Administration and Authentication - this section provides an overview
of the following user administration and authentication aspects:
- Recommended tools for user management
- User types that are required by SAP Cloud Appliance Library
- Standard users that are delivered with SAP Cloud Appliance Library
- Authorization - this section provides an overview of the authorization concept that applies to SAP Cloud Appliance Library.
- Network and Communication Security - this section provides an overview of the communication paths used by SAP Cloud Appliance Library and the security mechanisms that apply.
- Data Storage Security - this section provides an overview of any critical data that is used by SAP Cloud Appliance Library and the security mechanisms that apply.