- You are logged on to SAP Cloud Appliance Library and the relevant solution instance is listed in the instance list under Instances.
- You are the user who has created the solution instance or the account owner of this solution instance.
- In SAP Cloud Appliance Library, choose Instances to display the list of available solution instances.
- Choose Edit for the solution instance you want to change.
- To edit the general properties of the instance, choose Edit
Header modify the properties and choose
Property Description Name Enter a name or a short description for the solution instance. Description Enter a description for the solution instance.
- On the Info tab page, change the properties of the
Property Description Account The selected account of SAP Cloud Appliance Library for the solution instance. The users assigned to this account are able to view and connect to the solution instance. Region The region where the solution instance is activated. Zone (appears when Google Cloud Platform is the selected cloud provider) The zone where the instance is activated. Network The network where the solution instance is created. Subnet The subnet from the list of available subnets for the solution instance. Public Static IP Address Select this property, if you want your solution instance to have a static IP address until it is terminated. Termination Protection If this property is selected, the instance cannot be terminated from SAP Cloud Appliance Library. It prevents an instance from an accidental termination. IP Addresses You cannot change the IP addresses of the solution instance. You can use them to connect to the instance.If the private key is stored in SAP Cloud Appliance Library when the solution instance is created, you can download and save it locally in a privacy enhanced mail file (.PEM file extension) by choosing Download Key. You need this key to access the operating systems of your solution instance.
- On the Instance Tags tab page, you can edit the value of the instance tags defined for the account which you use while the instance is created. You can check the description about each tag in the Info icon. Note that you should be informed what are the allowed characters for the values depending on the cloud provider you use.
- The Solution Info tab page displays the general properties of the solution from which the instance is created.Each solution has versions and when the solution is activated and it has a new version, the instance created from this solution uses the previous solution version until the instance is terminated. When the user creates an instance from the same solution, the instance is created from the new version of the solution. The solution version from which the instance is created is displayed in the Update property.
- On the Virtual Machines tab page, edit the size of the
virtual machines, configure the access points for the virtual machines and the
expandable storage for the volumes.
In the Additional Size column, you can add the number with which a volume will be expanded. In the Total column is visualized the sum of both sizes: default and additional size.
To configure access points choose from the following actions:
- To create an access point for a virtual machine, choose
Add. The system adds a new row in the table
with the access points and then you have to specify the following
mandatory properties of the access point to connect to the virtual
Property Property Virtual Machine From the dropdown list, select the virtual machine for which you want to add an access point. Service From the dropdown list, select the protocol for the access point. Port Range Enter a port or a port range for the access point. IP Range Enter an IP range for the access point.
- To allow users to connect to the virtual machines on the selected ports, select an access point and then select the Enabled checkbox.
- To prevent users to connect to the virtual machines on the selected ports, select an access point and then deselect the Enabled checkbox.
- To delete an access point for a virtual machine, select an access point and then choose Delete.
- If you want to restrict the IP ranges for your instance choose
Restrict Access and select rules that will be
applied to all configured access point for the solution instance:
- Custom IP Range – you must specify valid comma-separated IP ranges from which the solution instance could be accessed
- My IP Address – you can access the solution instance from your public IP address
- To create an access point for a virtual machine, choose Add. The system adds a new row in the table with the access points and then you have to specify the following mandatory properties of the access point to connect to the virtual machine:
- On the Kubernetes Cluster tab page, you can change the IP Range of the access point.
- On the Schedule tab page, change the schedule options
of the solution instance.
Schedule Option Description Time Zone Select the time zone where the schedule is in used Activate and suspend by schedule Select this option if you want to define the schedule of the solution instance by using time intervals. This means the user can only use the solution instance in the specified time window.
The required parameters for this schedule option are From, To, and Recurrence.
- In From, select the time when you want to activate the solution instance. This time is in 24 hour format.
- In To, select the time when you want to suspend the solution instance. This time is in 24 hour format.
- Using Recurrence, select the recurrence interval (Daily, Weekly, Advanced, or Once).
Suspend on an exact date Select this option if you want to configure the exact date and time when the solution instance is suspended.In Suspend Date, select the date and time when you want to suspend the solution instance. This time is in 24 hour format. Manually activate and suspend Select this option if you do not want a schedule (time intervals) to be set for the solution instance.
If this option is selected, you can activate or suspend the solution instance manually.
Set the termination date of the solution instance Select this option if you want to specify a date and time to terminate the solution instance. This means the user can only use the instance until the specified date and time; the instance is then terminated.
In Termination Date, select the date and time when you want to terminate the solution instance. This time is in 24 hour format.
Configure backup by schedule Setup your instance backup by schedule with the following options:
In the Frequency section, choose the Backup Recurrence (Once, Daily or Weekly with the corresponding Backup Time and Backup Days).
In the Strategy section, choose when to suspend the solution instance and a maximum number of automated backups to keep.
- Save your entries.
- Optional: Choose Cancel if you want to discard the changes of the solution instance.