- You are logged on to SAP Cloud Appliance Library and the solution instance in question is listed in the solution instance list under Instances.
- The status of the solution instance is either Active or Suspended.
- The status of the instance backup is Completed.
- You are the user who has created the solution instance or the account owner of this solution instance.
You restore a solution instance from its backup configurations when you want to recover the instance after data loss. This procedure suspends the instance that has to be restored from the backup and then activates the restored instance from the selected backup.
- In SAP Cloud Appliance Library, choose Instances to display the list of available solution instances.
- Choose Restore for the solution instance you want to restore its backup. The system opens the instance details on the Backups tab page.
- Select the backup from which you want to activate an instance and then choose Restore.
On the Instances screen you can see the current status of the activated instance from the selected backup. The instance status changes to Active.